Thursday, September 20, 2012

"So...What do you do with her all day?"












I had a single friend of mine ask me that question this week. The "So, what do you do with her all day?"question. She was curious, and I was ready to tell her... but then I actually had to stop and think, "What do I do with her all day?" Its not to say I'm not busy or have nothing to do. Because that is the farthest thing from the truth. Like I wrote early this week in my previous post, I hardly feel like I have time aside from Blanche. Its just sometimes your days become a blur. I try to step back and think... "well, we wash and fold diapers, we play with toys, we eat and then clean up, we nurse, we watch Sesame Street...we wait for daddy to come home..."

So I decided as part of this whole take more pictures thing, that I would start trying to remember and capture what we do all day. Because every mom knows there are a million things that need to be done, but most one year olds are not up for an entire day dedicated to cleaning the house.

When I use to think about having a baby (before actually having one) I always imagined just sitting there rocking the baby or looking at this beautiful creature I had made. Its like my imagination had forgotten about the whole everything else in life thing. That life still is happening, just with a baby. And when you are at home for every meal... there are messes to clean up after every meal. And that as cute and eco friendly as cloth diapers are, they have to be dunked in toilet water while your baby desperately tries to put her hands in too.

Right now Blanche has had a fever for over 24 hours and hasn't been sleeping well due to not feeling great. She's still up. Crawling around the house. And honestly, I'm glad I took these pictures of the happy moments. Because every mom knows that having a baby and running a household is really a balancing act. An act where you drop everything multiple times a day and have to start all over again. Trying to juggle giving your child attention and helping them learn and grown, and trying to keep up the house, and also just trying to keep yourself sane... (like right now as I write Blanche has crawled up to me smelling absolutely awful). So, I guess I'm going to go change a diaper. Thats what we do all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment