Monday, September 24, 2012

The best type of busyness.


This weekend was one of the first that Andrew was able to have off and not be called to work at the cafe. The cafe is expanding into the bookstore next door, which is exciting but requiring more work of Andrew. Blanche already loves the space that is the new "kids corner" full of books. The new side isn't open to the public yet, but I am looking forward to now when she goes to visit daddy, she will have books to look at while I drink my coffee.

But of course, the weekend that Andrew is off Blanche had some virus that gave her a fever for three to four days. Andrew and I were talking about how it  seems like there is always something. Which maybe thats just the phase of life we are in right now.

So, we tried to make the most of the weekend and when Blanche seemed in good spirits and her fever was down we tried to get outside. Andrew let Blanche get in the creek and touch the "waterfall" which she loved. Plus we discovered that now that Blanche is crawling and pretty sturdy, she can actually play a little on the smaller play place at the park.

Honestly it wasn't exactly a restful weekend. Sick babies have a way of exhausting everyone else to a point of sickness. But I know she can't help it. Today she just seems to be screaming... who knows, probably growing. I've quit saying she's teething because she will be one in less than a month and has yet to get a tooth. Haha. Like I said, always something. I guess the goal for Andrew and I has been to learn to love both Blanche and each other in the midst of harder times. Not that life is by any means "hard" compared to some people I know. Its just about learning to adjust to life with a baby. A life that never really stops and isn't about you anymore.

Over the last week as I have decided to try and start blogging and keeping it updated I keep asking myself why. Am I doing it for anyone? I tend to be a perfectionist. And so since my blog doesn't look like this: http://www.oneclaireday.com I sometimes wonder if its worth it. I want to have beautiful pictures or moving words. Or a blog that everybody wants to read or pin. But the thing is I'm just another person. Just another mom. So maybe this blog is more for me. To learn to write out what's going on, and to be able to track how much I've grown (and Blanche too). And its cliche but I will never be as good as these other bloggers, with their beautiful photos, until I start trying. And so in the midst of never having much time I'm attempting to at least try. To try and carry my camera around and keep family thats far away updated on our lives. And to do this because I enjoy it, rather than trying to be perfect or the best. I feel like I am constantly telling myself that seasons never last forever. And one day I will miss never having much time.

So here's to embracing. And living life. And trying to love the best I can.

2 comments:

  1. You should only EVER do it for you!

    Hang in there, take your camera everywhere. I blogged for months without any comments... and to be honest, I really miss blogging like no one was watching. Now I feel pressure to post regularly and keep a certain standard. It's kinda exhausting.

    Do it for you... always x

    P.S - your daughter is adorable and what a lovely underused name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! I hope you don't mind me using you as an inspiration in my own blog. I honestly had become bored with the idea of blogging and thought I would need to pay money for a beautiful site. Then I saw yours and feel in love with its simplicity and beauty. I feel like doing this will hopefully get me using my camera everyday. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete