Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why I need my husband.










Well, to start, my husband has been helping me make this blog a place to showcase my photos. He's been reading and learning how to edit the HTML. You know, the things I'm bad at but need done. Andrew can just set his mind to something and do it.

I love that about him.

I'm not going to go on and on in sappy comments, but I am going to write something out so I can remember it in the days and years to come. My husband is exactly the person I need. I don't always think that. I even can get mad at him for never being as uptight as me. The real story is that I'm jealous that I can't be as laid back and calm in certain situations.

Thats why why I'm "An Artist. With Occasional Meltdowns." Because I was born different and creative. But I was also born slightly neurotic when it comes to certain things being a certain way. My mom tells me even as a little girl I never really played with my barbies. I just set it all up. Maybe it was that I loved (and still do) the idea of making things beautiful. But sometimes I think maybe I am incapable of making beautiful things. I really don't know why I am the way I am completely. I know I did make a beautiful baby. So there is that.

Andrew on the other hand, seems to take life a little more as it comes. When he hits the bed at night, he is normally out within five minutes. Me on the otherhand, even if I am completely exhausted, I will lay there. I will think about everything there is to think about. Maybe its a man vs. woman thing. I don't know. Either way, its not that he doesn't stress at times. Or get annoyed. Or tired. Or grouchy. But he is able to stop and say, lets not let life pass us by. There will always be things that need to be done. But Blanche will only be in her first year of life for another two weeks.

I need that person. That person that says its okay that there is spaghetti on the floor from dinner... look at our daughter. Look what she's doing right now, isn't she beautiful?

And you know what happens, most of the time?

I say, you know, she is beautiful.

And then the artist in me starts to breathe a little. And I get out my camera. And then all the sudden the chore of bath time becomes a beautiful moment I have to document before it passes me by.

Tonight I read something a friend from college had written on her own blog. She wrote,

"I'm starting to realize more and more that basically life is just made up of seconds, that there's no point in rushing them or getting to the next one because each of them lead you to a new understanding about yourself and about love and about existence."

Wise words from a talented artist.

So, thats why I need my husband. Because even though there are a thousand things I need him for, most importantly, he helps me live life how I really want to live it. I mean, the spaghetti isn't going to clean itself up...but if I ask nicely, most of the time he will help me with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment